Expats make up more than 80% of the UAE population and have been a pillar for the economy for decades.
The UAE cabinet recognises this and has introduced a new system of residence visas targeted at skilled employees, freelancers and investors – allowing them to obtain a 5-year residency without a sponsor.
The UAE aims to attract and retain global talent and increase the competitiveness of the job market in the country.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Simplified eligibility criteria for the golden residence scheme and expanded category of beneficiaries (investors, entrepreneurs, exceptional talents, scientists and professionals, outstanding students & graduates, humanitarians pioneers and first-line heroes)
- Golden residence holders to sponsor family member
- No restriction related to maximum duration of stay outside the UAE to keep the golden visa
- Real Estate investors can obtain a golden visa when purchasing a property for 2 million AED ($544,500)
- 5-year residency for self employed, skilled employees and freelance individuals without requiring a sponsor in the UAE.
- 5-year residency visa for investors or partners establishing or working in commercial activities.
New Entry Visa’s
All entry visas are available for single or multiple entry and do not require a host or sponsor. They can be renewed for similar periods and are valid for 60 days from date of issue.
Job Exploratory Visa
No sponsor or host required. Granted to those in the first – third skills level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. Minimum education level is a bachelor degree or equivalent and those who graduated from the top 500 universities in the world.
Business Entry Visa
No sponsor or host required for investors to explore business & investment opportunities in the UAE.
Multi-entry Tourist Visa
5-year multi-entry visa is now available and does not require a sponsor, but individuals must prove they have $4000 or the equivalent in their bank account.